Diesel fuel, fertilizer and electricity account for more than three-quarters of a farm’s energy use, and the cost for these inputs continues to go up. In 2005 alone, prices rose about 26 percent, with fuel contributing heavily to that increase.
While there is little you can do to change the price you pay for these operational necessities, you can take steps to increase efficiency, saving you money and keeping you competitive.
PGE can help you protect that bottom line — even grow it — with a range of energy-efficient solutions. Whether it is simple measures or larger operational or infrastructure changes, your farm or ranch can enjoy a bumper crop of savings.
Why make energy-saving improvements?
- Save on operating and maintenance expenses.
- Become eligible for state and federal assistance, tax credits and incentive programs.
- Boost the energy-efficiency of your operation.
- Achieve better irrigation management.
- Extend the life of your equipment.
- Help the environment and prolong the viability of your agribusiness.