PGE is working to secure a sustainable, affordable energy future for Oregon. Responsible protection of the environment is a key part of the plan.
Oregonians want reliable, reasonably priced electricity. At the same time, they tell us they are concerned about the environment and climate change. That means every day we look for ways to incorporate positive environmental considerations into our work and processes. And because our customers also want us to operate as cost-efficiently as possible, it’s equally important we weigh the financial aspects of these actions as well.
Our challenge — and our responsibility — is to balance all of these issues to achieve a more sustainable energy future for Oregon.
How PGE is rising to the challenge
PGE continues to focus on environmental stewardship and work toward a more sustainable energy future by:
- Making our existing generation facilities more efficient
- Building new renewable generation — we’re well on our way to supplying our customers with 25 percent renewable energy by 2025
- Exploring new sustainable technologies
- Educating and encouraging customers in energy efficiency
- Conducting a comprehensive review of our environmental footprint, including greenhouse gas emissions, to ensure we meet changing government regulations.
Moving forward, we will continue to seek new and innovative ways to ensure an efficient, cost-effective and reliable energy future for our customers. At the same time, we will work with input from our customers, community members and key stakeholders as we strive to reflect Oregon values, address climate change and be thoughtful stewards of our natural resources.
For more details, see our Environmental Policy (PDF) or read our annual environmental report (PDF).