PGE provides a full range of traditional benefits from medical insurance to paid vacation and retirement savings. We also offer a host of opportunities unique to PGE.
Programs are available through which you can develop valuable skills and experience, earn rewards for meeting company goals and benefit from pursuing good health and volunteerism.
Training, education and development
Your career development is important to us. Project assignments are often built around opportunities for you to learn. Major programs include:
- New employee orientation — Learn about PGE’s history and culture, and meet our corporate executives in a fun, interactive session.
- Leadership development — Attend the Leadership Forum speaker series, Exercising Influence workshop and Leadership for Excellence program.
- Management and business competency — Learn to boost results and better understand our customers and business.
- Technical competency — Keep your skills sharp through software training, safety and health training, and instruction in a variety of specialized distribution jobs.
- Line Apprenticeship program — Join one of Oregon’s few line apprenticeship programs.
- PGE Corporate University — Earn credits toward degree programs at Clackamas Community College, Marylhurst University, Eastern Oregon University, George Fox University, Oregon Institute of Technology or Willamette University.
- Workforce Readiness Certificate program — Receive training in a range of trades.
- Mentorship program — Develop enriching relationships in an informal setting to aid in developing and advancing your career at PGE.
Our Education Assistance program also provides partial tuition reimbursement toward the cost of education or preparation for a relevant professional license.
Back to top
Special employee programs
It’s easy to keep busy — and stay healthy — at PGE.
Back to top
- Volunteering — Volunteer and participate in various cultural and special interest groups like Junior Achievement, the Community Energy Project and the Oregon Food Bank.
- Gym access — Stay healthy at The Fit Factory, PGE’s 24-hour, employee-owned gym, or the other facilities in our Portland, Tualatin and Salem Service Centers.
- Electric vehicles — Inquire about use of one of PGE’s two battery-powered electric vehicles.