Use our online tool to help you understand and control your electricity usage.
View your energy use: Compare by day and hour
Analyze your bill: See where your energy dollars are going
Find ways to save: Get a custom action plan
Control of your electric bill is only a click away
Now when you register or sign in to your account on PortlandGeneral.com, you can take advantage of our Energy Tracker℠ tool, which uses smart meter data to provide insight into how your home uses electricity.
Answer a few questions about your home to unlock a personalized chart that shows about how much you spend each year on things like lighting, cooking, heating and cooling, and water heating. Knowing the heavy energy users in your home can help you know where to focus so you can capture the most savings. You’ll also see how your home’s electricity costs compare to homes with a similar size and heating method.
Take a tour
View our short video tour to see what you can do with Energy Tracker.
Your Energy Use
It’s easier to get control over your energy usage and bill when you can see and understand how your home is using electricity. In the Your Energy Use section of Energy Tracker, you can:
- View charts tracking your actual electricity usage on a daily and hourly basis.*
- See at a glance when you’ve used the most electricity during any given day or week.
- See the impact of weather, guests or new appliances.
- Spot patterns that highlight savings opportunities.
Analyze Your Bill
If your electric bill is higher than expected one month, the Analyze Your Bill section can help you understand the change.
- Compare your current bill with previous bills — review up to 24 months of your history.
- See highlights that explain changes in the most recent bill.
- Compare consumption changes since last month or last year.
- Answer a few questions to analyze how changes in your home, appliances, living habits or the weather may have affected your bill.
Ways to Save
Visit the Ways to Save section to create a profile that will help you set a savings goal, and find practical, low-cost and no-cost actions as well as energy-efficiency upgrades to help you reach it.
- Pick a profile savings that matches your home and lifestyle, and answer a few questions to create a customized savings plan.
- Review step-by-step help, estimated costs and projected savings for each action item.
Smart meters make it possible
Energy Tracker is one of our Smart Power℠ options made possible by smart meters. The smart meter for your residence collects your energy use throughout each day and provides it to you through Energy Tracker the following day.
Register or sign in to your account now to access these free tools and take control of your energy use.
*Historical data available from Nov. 1, 2011, onward, and is available for a 13-month rolling period. Data for new accounts will be available after two billing cycles.