Arc Flash, OSHA, NFPA 70E® & Electrical Safety Training (8-hour), Paid Course
Class | Electrical Safety
Sept. 14, 2018
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Clackamas Community College / PGE Corporate University Campus
29353 SW Town Center Loop East
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Want to prevent injuries and hazards when working with and around electricity? This course will help you understand safe workplace practices, including NFPA 70E®, IEEE, NEC and OSHA requirements. Walk away with a list of actions to improve worker safety.
Registration deadline is two weeks before the date of the course. Attendees can only pay for PGE classes by check at this time (we are unable to accept credit cards). Payment must be received prior to the start of class.
This class will help you:
- Understand the hazards of working with and around electricity
- Identify and avoid potentially hazardous conditions
- Apply latest standards and practices, including NFPA 70E tables, lockout/tagout and Energized Work Permits
- Distinguish between “qualified” and “non-qualified” personnel
- Review proper system installation/maintenance for worker safety
- Select, apply and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work safely with new technologies
Who will benefit?
- Electricians & engineers
- Management and maintenance personnel
- Safety personnel
- Electrical contractors
- Repair technicians
Gary P. Larkins, President, Advanced PowerSolutions/PowerSafetyPRO™
Gary is a licensed Electrical Supervisor with over 25 years experience in power system analysis, testing, design consultation, training & commissioning. He is the primary author of the PowerSafetyPRO™ Electrical Safety Program template, used by organizations across the US as the basis of their written electrical safety program.