Building Tune-ups for Efficiency
Class | Heating and Cooling
Sept. 17, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Clackamas Community College / PGE Corporate University Campus
29353 SW Town Center Loop East
Wilsonville, OR 97070
As your building continues to age and technologies change, you’re going to want to look at how it runs and address efficiency needs. By implementing a detailed plan for commissioning your building, you will get a close examination of systems and equipment, uncover problems and identify energy-saving solutions. This class will introduce you to the benefits of commissioning your building and help you start on a path to getting your commissioning projects off the ground.
This class will help you:
- Understand advantages of commissioning
- Identify shortcomings of typical building design that impact efficiency, indoor air quality and comfort levels
- Estimate the feasibility and costs of commissioning your facility
- Set expectations of the commissioning agent and building owner
Who will benefit?
- Facility and maintenance managers and directors
- Building owners and operators
- Sustainability managers and coordinators
InstructorDavid Sellers, Senior Engineer, Facility Dynamics Engineering
David has over 40 years of experience providing hands-on technical training for existing building and new construction commissioning. David’s specialization includes system design, fabrication, operation, and analysis focusing on HVAC systems, central plants, control systems, plumbing systems, and fire protection systems. His fieldwork consists of troubleshooting, system optimization, building automation system control programming, functional testing, and commissioning. In 2017 Mr. Sellers received the Benner Award at the National Conference on Building Commissioning for his lifetime contribution to the field of Building Commissioning.