City of Portland Energy Performance Reporting
New requirements for commercial buildings in Portland
Beginning in 2016, the City of Portland is requiring commercial building owners to annually report their energy use. Learn more at the City of Portland’s Energy Performance Reporting page.
Portland’s reporting deadlines:
- April 22, 2016 – commercial buildings over 50,000 square feet
- April 22, 2017 – commercial buildings over 20,000 square feet
How to request your electricity consumption data
Step 1: Complete data request form
Complete a PGE data request form for each building for which you require energy consumption data. You will need to include the building ID number provided by the City of Portland and your meter numbers. If a building has more than ten meters, contact the PGE energy reporting administrator for assistance.
Meter numbers typically have 6-8 digits (examples: AB08979621, TZ010285). Please include all digits in your data request; letters are not required. There are two ways to locate meter numbers:
On your monthly bill
On the meter — please note the meter number location varies by meter type
Step 2: Submit tenant release forms if required
For building owners with four or fewer individually metered tenants, each tenant must sign a PGE tenant release form before PGE can release data. Please include any tenants who have vacated during the 2015 calendar year. Release forms can be emailed or mailed to the following address.
- PGE Energy Reporting Administrator
- Portland General Electric
- 121 SW Salmon Street
- Portland, OR 97204
- After you submit the PGE data request form, your building’s aggregated electricity consumption data will be emailed to you in a format compatible for uploads directly into ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager.
- Enter your energy usage information into ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and complete your submission by April 22 to meet the city’s deadline. Refer to the City of Portland’s How to Comply Guide for more information.
For questions on your electricity consumption data email the PGE energy reporting administrator or call 800-822-1077. For all other questions, email the City of Portland or visit the City of Portland’s Energy Performance Reporting page or call the City Help Desk at 503-823-7070.