Transportation is the single biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions in Oregon. In our pursuit of a clean energy future, we are committed to reducing those emissions by accelerating access to — and adoption of — electric vehicles for everyone.
From transit buses and passenger vehicles to electric bikes and community service vehicles, the PGE Drive Change FundSM supports projects that help electrify transportation in Oregon.
Community organizations, nonprofits and businesses can apply for grants to advance electric vehicle adoption, EV charging infrastructure and/or education in the communities PGE serves.
What types of projects might qualify for funding?
Successful projects will provide a community benefit, and projects that meet the needs of underserved communities, are encouraged and preferred.
For example, projects could be:
- A government agency or nonprofit group buying electric vehicles to provide social services to vulnerable populations.
- A subsidized electric car-share located at an apartment complex.
- Outreach activities that educate people about access to, and benefits of, electric vehicles.
Grants are funded by the sale of Oregon Clean Fuels Program credits, which we aggregate on behalf of residential customers who charge their electric vehicles at home.
- In 2019, the fund will award a total of $1.75 million in grants.
- Applicants may be nonprofit, for-profit or government entities.
- Applicants do not need to be PGE customers; however, projects must benefit the public in areas PGE serves.
- The minimum grant size is $5,000, and the maximum grant size is $575,000.
- Grants can fund up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Funding process and timeline
We will make funds available through an open and competitive application process. In 2019, the application window opens July 1 and closes Aug. 30. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a third party. Award funding is limited and will differ from project to project based on the request, available funding and benefit to the public.
- Review the eligibility information to ensure that your organization and your project are the right fit and to understand what project costs are eligible for funding.
- Review the evaluation criteria to understand what makes a strong application.
- Review the technical requirements and award recipient requirements to understand the expectations if your application is successful. Assemble the information you’ll need to submit your application.
- Complete and submit your application between July 1 and Aug. 30, 2019.
For more information
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.