Pillars of sustainability
Like our customers, we call Oregon home. For over 125 years, we’ve powered our customers’ potential with safe, reliable electric service in a sustainable manner.
Our five pillars of sustainability are critical to providing stakeholder value.
- Customer value: Keeping customers at the center of everything we do
- Environmental footprint: Protecting natural resources
- Quality workforce: Powering a safe, valued and engaged workforce
- Strong communities: Investing where we live and work
- Responsible management: Taking a long-term view and maintaining ethical, rigorous stewardship of our company
(Note: Financial performance and Governance and enterprise risk management have been consolidated within Responsible Management for the 2015 update)
Our fiscal year 2013 Sustainability Report explores these six pillars, showcasing both our accomplishments and where we have opportunities to improve.
Sustainability principles are woven into the fabric of who we are and how we operate. We use an integrated approach, striving to consider social, environmental and economic impacts in all our business decisions. We call this foundation People, Planet and Performance.
By working with our stakeholders and maintaining a focus on these principles, we can help make Oregon a better place today and into the future.