Cut your summer energy costs
No matter what phase your business is in
More and more businesses are beginning to reopen. And as the days get longer and temperatures start to rise, so do the opportunities to save energy while keeping cool.
Basic summer tips when you’re open:
- Use a smart thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature according to building use and occupancy.
- Check HVAC filters every month and clean or replace them when dirty. This helps keep your HVAC system running efficiently.
- Use fans to delay or reduce the need for cooling.
- Install window shades, awnings or low-cost reflective film to block the heat from summer sun.
- Switch to LED lighting. It doesn’t give off heat like halogen, incandescent or other types of lighting and it uses a lot less energy.
- Turn off computers, electronic equipment and lights when not in use. They add to heat build-up in your building when they are on.
Looking for more ways to save energy and money? Contact us for a free, energy-efficiency consultation, you’ll get custom recommendations tailored to your business, including how you could get free smart thermostats with our Energy Partner program.