Soon, even more of your power will come from renewable resources.
The Oregon Public Utility Commission (the group that oversees utilities in Oregon) has give the green light to our plan for meeting the region’s need for clean, reliable and affordable energy in the near and longer-term future.
What our plan includes
- Renewable power: Shifting our mix toward more carbon-free, renewable resources such as wind, solar and hydroelectric.
- Energy efficiency: Helping you get the most out of the energy you use in your home.
- Demand response: Helping reduce the demand for electricity during energy “rush hours,” like morning and evening.
- Distributed generation: Tapping business customers’ backup generators and solar panels to help meet peak demand.
- Energy storage: Creating ways to store electricity from wind turbines, solar panels and other resources.
- Energy contracts: Negotiating with owners of existing generating facilities to buy clean, reliable power we can ramp up or down quickly, without building new power plants.
Learn more about our plans for a responsible, diverse energy mix.