Decarbonize your drive
Choose an electric vehicle and renewable energy for clean transportation!
Did you know that 40 percent of Oregon’s carbon emissions come from transportation?* That makes driving the biggest single source of carbon pollution in our state.
Switching from fossil fuels to electricity to power our vehicles is a critical step toward a clean, carbon-free energy future. (PGE’s power mix is already 40 percent carbon-free, and we’re on track to be at 70 percent by 2040.) When paired with renewable energy, electric vehicles become a zero-carbon way to get around.
Show your EV love
Here are a few ways you can support EVs:
- Ride the bus. TriMet is partnering with PGE to purchase and support five electric buses.
- Take an electric cab. Some taxi, ride-share and car-sharing services already offer EVs.
- Make your next purchase or lease an EV. Manufacturer discounts, a $7,500 federal tax credit and a new, $2,500 Oregon incentive make EVs cost-competitive with gasoline alternatives.
5 reasons to go electric for your next vehicle
- Zero emissions
- Easy charging at home
- More than 1,000 charging stations across Oregon
- More than two dozen models in different price ranges
- Sports-car performance at half the fuel costs
1,000,000+ clean miles
PGE is helping pave the way to a cleaner transportation future. Since we installed our Electric Avenue charging stations at Portland’s World Trade Center in 2015, we’ve powered more than one million miles of EV driving — all with 100 percent renewable energy. That’s equivalent to driving across Oregon 2,500 times, carbon free!
Learn more about electric vehicles.
*Source: 2017 Oregon Global Warming Commission Report