Strengthening the Energy Grid
Wondering what the construction in your neighborhood is all about? PGE is launching several multi-year projects to upgrade its power lines with newer equipment.
Our goal is to improve and upgrade electrical service by replacing aging equipment with smart grid technology to increase resiliency, while reducing unintended outages.
Multiple projects are being launched throughout PGE’s service territory. See if your neighborhood is on the list below!
We will be cutting into streets, sidewalks and planter strips during construction. You can also expect some traffic delays in and near the work area.
Is your neighborhood on the list? See the schedule below.
- Argay, NE Portland
- Centennial Area System Upgrades, NE Portland
- Garden Home Substation, SW Portland
- Garden Home underground cable replacement, SW Portland
- Lair Hill Park, SW Portland
- Marquam Project along Naito Parkway and 1st Avenue, SW Portland
- Marquam Downtown outages, SW Portland
- Marquam Substation, SW Portland
- Oak Hills, SW Portland
- Rock Creek, NW Portland
- Rock Creek Greenway/Powerline Park, NW Portland
- Rockwood Area System Upgrades, NE Portland
- South Waterfront Radial Work, SW Portland
Portland Metro Area
- Cochran, Gresham
- Durham Substation Communication Upgrades, Durham and Tigard
- Durham underground cable replacement, Durham
- Edwards Meadow system upgrades, Hillsboro
- Hillsboro Upgrade, Hillsboro
- Hollybrook, Gresham
- King City Substation, King City
- Murray Blvd Transmission Line, Beaverton
- Silverton System Upgrades, Silverton
- Southeast Aloha system upgrades, Aloha
- Washington County’s SW 198th Road Widening Project, Aloha and Hillsboro
As always, safety first
Safety is our top priority for every construction site. When electrical equipment or trenches are exposed, crews will be on-site at all times.
When crews are off-site at night or on weekends, all electrical equipment, trenches and potholes will be covered and barricaded to ensure your safety. Please stay away from any electrical equipment and cables, and make sure children know to never touch any electrical equipment.
For questions about this work, please call our customer service representatives at 503-612-3730.
We appreciate your patience as we work to improve electrical service for you and your neighbors.