We're updating equipment to improve reliability
Wondering what the construction in your neighborhood is all about? Over the next several years, we’re updating power lines, substations and other equipment throughout our system.
As we work toward Oregon's clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. This includes replacing aging equipment to increase resiliency, reduce outages, accommodate growth in our area and allow for better integration of renewable resources.
Multiple construction projects are underway across our service area. We’ll update this list regularly.
West Portland metro area
- Brookwood Parkway, power lines
- Durham North, power lines
- Edwards Meadows, power lines
- Garden Home, substation
- Garden Home, power lines
- Highway 43, tree trimming and system upgrades
- Hillsboro, power lines
- King City, substation
- Murray Blvd., power lines
- Oak Hills, power lines
- Rock Creek, power lines
- Rock Creek Greenway, power lines
- Southeast Aloha, power lines
- Southwest 198th Ave., Washington County road-widening project
- St. Mary's, substation
- West Union, power lines
East Portland metro area
- Argay, power lines
- Centennial, substation
- Cochran, power lines
- Hollybrook, power lines
- Rockwood, power lines
Outside the Portland metro area
- Substation communication upgrades
- Smart meter upgrades for business customers
- Tree Wire Installation & Pole Relocation Project
- Arleta, substation
- Holgate, substation
- Hillsboro Reliability Project
See our list of completed projects.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.