As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we’re replacing aging underground power lines in the Argay neighborhood of Northeast Portland.
These upgrades will boost reliability and reduce the risk of outages for your area, keep pace with the growth in our region and help improve overall system operations.
We began this project in the February 2018, and much of our work is complete. Work will continue through early 2020 in the remaining section shown on the map.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated weekend and night work may be required at times.
What can you expect during construction?
You may have already noticed colored paint lines on the ground in your neighborhood. These lines mark the location of underground utilities, and they are the first step in our project.
To install the new lines, we will be drilling and digging trenches. At times, we may need to park equipment on the street overnight. You may notice us working in multiple areas (shown on the map above) at the same time.
After construction is complete, streets and sidewalks in our work areas will be restored.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to make room for equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
For more information about this project, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.