As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. As part of this work, we’re upgrading underground power lines along Brookwood Parkway and Evergreen Parkway in Hillsboro.
- Late May through mid-July 2019
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night work may be required at times.
What can you expect during construction?
To install the new underground power lines, PGE contractors will be drilling and digging trenches along streets and sidewalks in your area. Because this is a busy commuter route, crews will complete some of work at night in order to lessen the impact on drivers. Once construction is completed, streets and sidewalks disturbed in our work area will be restored.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane closures and “no parking” signs that may be needed to ensure safety. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter future for you
The new underground lines will support the nearby Intel campus and help improve overall system operations for all customers, boosting reliability and reducing the risk of outages.
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.