To improve system reliability and strengthen the energy grid, we implemented a project to upgrade the power poles and wires in the Centennial area.
We have successfully completed this system upgrade. It’s one of many projects we’re working on to modernize our grid and create a platform for a clean energy future. Learn more about how we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you.
What you saw during construction?
We had PGE crews and trucks in the area as we installed larger power lines to accommodate growth in the region and new poles to replace aging equipment.
To install the new poles, we cut into the sidewalks along southeast Division Street. When the new installations were completed, we repaired the sidewalks.
The old poles will remain in place — alongside the new poles — until other communication and cable companies transfer their lines to the new poles, which may take up to two years. At that time, we’ll remove the old poles.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary one-lane and full-street closures that may be needed. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter future for you
The new power lines and poles will:
- Replace aging equipment
- Boost service reliability
- Reduce the risk of outages for the Centennial area
- Keep pace with growth in our region, and help improve overall system operations for all of our customers
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.