To strengthen the local energy grid, crews will replace the aging underground power lines in portions of the neighborhood starting in January. Last year, neighbors may have noticed colored lines of paint on the roads and sidewalks. These lines help identify underground lines for telecommunication, water and other utilities so that our crews do not disrupt service during construction.
Neighborhood construction schedule
- Starts in January 2019 and continues through the year
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday*
*Work hours may change based on permitting conditions or the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required to conduct this work safely and ensure minimal service interruptions.
What to expect during construction?
To replace and install underground cable lines, crews will need to install new conduits along public streets and sidewalks. To complete the work, drilling, trenching and parking equipment in public streets overnight is needed.
When completed, the new lines will increase energy service reliability, improve overall system operations and add resiliency to the community. Streets and sidewalks disturbed in our work area will be restored following construction.
PGE crews or qualified PGE contractors will perform this work. Crews may be active in multiple color-coded work areas at the same time.
To ensure your safety throughout construction:
- Temporary driveway, one-lane and full-street closures may be needed.
- Traffic control plans, detours and signs will be in place to ensure drivers, pedestrians and workers are safe.
- Please avoid all electrical equipment and cables, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
What are the benefits of construction?
Rebuilding, upgrading and safeguarding the energy grid is central to PGE’s commitment to deliver reliable, affordable and safe power to homes and businesses in our service area.
Some of this project’s benefits include:
- Serve you better by boosting reliability in your area and reducing the risk of outages.
- Enhance and modernize the energy grid to create a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work to make electric service smarter and more reliable. For additional questions, please call the PGE Customer Relations team at 503-612-3730.