As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we’re replacing aging underground power lines in the Edwards Meadows area of Hillsboro.
- May 2019 through early 2020
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What you can expect during construction?
To install the new underground lines, PGE contractors will be drilling and digging trenches along streets and sidewalks in your neighborhood. At times, we may need to park some equipment on the street overnight. You may notice us working in multiple areas (shown in the map below) at the same time. After construction is completed, streets and sidewalks disturbed in our work area will be restored.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to accommodate equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
Building a brighter future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.