As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many improvement projects, we’re upgrading our Harrison Substation and some nearby overhead and underground power lines. We will also make some fencing and security improvements within the substation property.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- September 2019 through March 2020
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night work may be required at times.
What can you expect during this work?
- Your home will continue to have service while we’re doing this work.
- There is a bus stop close to where we will be working, so you may want to allow extra time to access the stop during construction.
- Sidewalks will be closed intermittently.
- In preparation for this work, we need to trim and remove some trees and other landscaping for safety.
- Crews will cut into sidewalks and create trenches, install larger underground vaults and new conduit for the new underground lines. During non-work hours, we will cover these areas with steel plates for safety.
- This is mostly underground work, but there is a small section where we will work on overhead lines.
- We will work both inside and outside the substation fence.
- This work involves digging with heavy equipment. At times, we will need to park some equipment on the street overnight.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to accommodate equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this project may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.