As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we’re replacing aging underground power lines in the Hollybrook area of Gresham.
These upgrades will boost reliability and reduce the risk of outages for your area, keep pace with the growth in our region and help improve overall system operations.
We began this project in the summer of 2018, and much of our work is complete. Work will continue through the early 2020 in areas shown on the map.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night work may be required at times.
What can you expect during construction?
If we need to briefly disconnect your power, we will leave a notice on your door at least 48 hours in advance.
To upgrade the lines, we will be drilling and digging trenches. At times, we may need to park equipment on the street overnight.
After construction is completed, streets and sidewalks in our work areas will be restored in our work area.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to make room for equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
For more information about this project, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.