To improve system reliability and strengthen the energy grid, we’re installing underground power lines in the Lair Hill area. This system upgrade will serve the growing Oregon Health & Science University campus and support the greater Lair Hill community.
- September 2018 through April 2019
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (except 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Barbur Boulevard)
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What can you expect during this work?
To install the underground cables, PGE contractors will be digging trenches along streets and sidewalks in your neighborhood. At times, street parking may be limited because we’ll need to park some equipment on streets overnight; watch for parking signs. Once construction is completed, streets and sidewalks disturbed in our work area will be restored.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane closures and “no parking” signs that may be needed to ensure safety. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This system upgrade not only supports the growing OHSU campus, but it also boosts reliability and reduce the risk of outages for the area and helps improve overall system operations for all of our customers. This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.