Powerline upgrades coming to Rock Creek
Strengthening the energy grid
This summer, we’ll be working in the Rock Creek Greenway.
We’re building new infrastructure to support our region’s growth. These improvements include adding 4.5 miles of overhead power line and poles through the Rock Creek Greenway.
The new power lines will:
- Make electric service even more reliable – now and in the future.
- Strengthen our electrical grid.
- Provide capacity for regional growth.
PGE is working with the city of Hillsboro, Washington County, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District, as well as local businesses to minimize the disruption of this construction.
There are three trail closure detours in place beginning on Tuesday, Sept. 4 to Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018.
Please click on the links below to view the trail detour maps along the Rock Creek Trail in the Rock Creek, Bethany and Beaverton communities:
- Trail Closure #1: Between NW185th and NW West Union Road — Detour Map
- Trail Closure #2: Between NW West Union Road to Stoller Creek Greenway — Detour Map
- Trail Closure #3: Between Stoller Creek Greenway to Bethany Meadows Park — Detour Map
- PGE earned a DEQ permit and Washington County’s erosion and sediment permit in advance of this work.
- PGE continues to work closely with the Tualatin Hills Parks & Recreation District staff, including earning their support to close segments of the trail and build new lines within the Rock Creek Power lines Soccer Fields. Work within the soccer fields may also require intermittent closures.
What to expect
Construction begins in late July and is likely to last into the spring of 2019. It will involve work in the Rock Creek Greenway, including areas of soccer fields and trails. All areas will get restored as quickly as possible.
During construction, crews will be working section by section in the project area. You can also expect:
- Portions of the Rock Creek Greenway trail to close during construction and reopen as the project progresses. Look for signs on site with information about detours and check PortlandGeneral.com/Horizon-Springville.
- Vegetation management, including tree removal and replanting in the greenway. Trees at heights that interfere with the safety and the integrity of powerlines will be removed. Our tree maintenance focuses on safety and outage prevention.
- Temporary closure of the Rock Creek Powerlines Soccer Fields.
- Noise, vibration and dust from construction.
For questions about this work, please call our customer service representatives at 503-612-3730.
We’re putting safety first
To help ensure everyone’s safety, all work areas will be well marked and, at times, will require closing portions of the trail. Please stay away from all construction equipment, open trenches, electrical equipment and cables.
We appreciate your patience as we make these improvements.