As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we’re planning an upgrade to our substation and some power lines in the Redland area.
The Redland Substation is currently in the design phase, and construction is expected to begin in 2021. In preparation, we first need to trim and remove trees on our property to improve safety and help ensure reliable service.
- 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- October through mid-November 2019
What can you expect during this work?
You’ll see crews from our contractor, Northwest Tree Specialists, working on our property outside of the substation fence. They will be trimming branches and removing some trees to help improve safety, reduce fire risk and prevent outages. Recent rule changes from the Oregon Public Utility Commission instruct us to create a wider safety zone around substations by removing large trees that have the potential of falling into substations.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to make room for equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
We’ll share more details about the substation and power line upgrades in the coming months as we finalize our plans and design. These upgrades will boost reliability to reduce the risk of outages, keep pace with growth in our region and improve overall system operations for all customers. This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
For more information about this project, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.