As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we’re upgrading power lines and poles in the Silverton area.
These upgrades will boost reliability and reduce the risk of outages for your area, keep pace with the growth in our region and help improve overall system operations.
- Mid-April through August 2019
- 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What you can expect during construction?
You’ll see PGE crews and trucks in the area as we install larger power lines to accommodate growth in the region and new poles to replace aging equipment. At times, street parking may be limited because we’ll need to park some equipment and machinery on streets overnight; watch for parking signs.
To install the new poles, we will need to cut into sidewalks in areas marked on the map. Once the new installations are complete, we’ll repair the sidewalks.
The old poles will remain in place — alongside the new poles — until other communication and cable companies transfer their lines to the new poles, which may take up to two years. At that time, we’ll remove the old poles.
To ensure safety and reliability, before we begin our construction project, we will prune and remove a few trees that have grown too large for the power line rights of way. We are contacting those property owners directly.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane closures and “no parking” signs that may be needed to ensure safety. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to accommodate equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
For more information about this project, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.