As we work toward a clean energy Oregon, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. As part of this work, we’re replacing aging underground power lines in the southeast area of Aloha.
The new power lines will replace aging equipment, boost service reliability and reduce the risk of outages in the southeast Aloha area, and help improve overall system operations for all of our customers.
- May 2019 through early 2020
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What can you expect during construction?
To install the new underground lines, PGE contractors will be digging trenches and drilling along streets and sidewalks in your neighborhood. At times, we may need to park some equipment on the street overnight. You may notice us working in multiple areas (shown in the map above) at the same time. After construction is completed, streets and sidewalks disturbed in our work area will be restored.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to make room for equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
For more information about this project, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.