As we work toward a clean energy Oregon, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. As part of this work, we’re replacing aging underground power lines in the southeast area of Aloha.
- May 2019 through early 2020
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What can you expect during construction?
To install the new underground lines, PGE contractors will be digging trenches and drilling along streets and sidewalks in your neighborhood. At times, we may need to park some equipment on the street overnight. You may notice us working in multiple areas (shown in the map above) at the same time. After construction is completed, streets and sidewalks disturbed in our work area will be restored.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary closures and “no parking” signs that may be needed to ensure safety. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter future for you
The new power lines will:
- Replace aging equipment.
- Boost service reliability.
- Reduce the risk of outages in the southeast Aloha area.
- Help improve overall system operations for all of our customers.
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.