As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we are upgrading power lines along Northeast Cornelius Pass Road and Northeast Evergreen Parkway that connect our Sunset and Orenco substations.
This work is part of our multiyear Hillsboro Reliability Project that involves eight unique substation and power lines upgrades across the city. The project will boost reliability to reduce the risk of outages in Hillsboro and help improve system operations for all customers.
- December 2019 through summer 2020
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated weekend and night work may be required at times.
What can you expect during this work?
In preparation for the new transmission lines, we first need to trim trees in the power line rights of way. This preliminary work will improve safety and help prevent power outages. When that work is complete, our crews will install the new power lines.
Important traffic and safety tips
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for no-parking signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking spaces to accommodate equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to modernize the energy grid and create a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this project may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.