Washington County has launched a project to improve and widen SW 198th Avenue between SW Farmington Road and SW Tualatin Valley Highway. To accommodate the road-widening, we need to move power poles and wires along SW 198th.
- Late May through early June
- 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, contact us at 503-612-3730.
What can you expect during this work?
Our crews are installing new poles in the area highlighted on the map below. Once that’s complete, we will move the power lines from the old poles to the new poles. The old poles will be removed once telephone and cable companies have moved their lines.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane closures that may be needed. Allow extra time for commuting through the area.
- Follow any detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.