Washington County has launched a project to improve and widen SW 198th Avenue between SW Farmington Road and SW Tualatin Valley Highway. To accommodate the road-widening, we need to move power poles and lines along SW 198th Avenue.
- August through February 2020
- 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What can you expect during this work?
Our crews are installing new poles in the area highlighted on the map below. Once that’s complete, we will move the power lines from the old poles to the new poles. The old poles will be removed once telephone and cable companies have moved their lines.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for “no parking” signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking to make room for equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
For more information about this project, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
Para información en español, por favor llame 503-612-3730.