As we work toward a clean energy Oregon, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. As part of this work, we’re upgrading power lines and poles along NW West Union Road in Hillsboro. In preparation for the new lines, we’re trimming and removing some trees along the power line rights of way.
Tree trimming and removal
To provide safe clearance for the new power lines, our contractor, Asplundh Tree Expert, will be working along the street highlighted on the map above. They’ll prune branches and, in some cases, remove trees that have grown too large for the spots where they are planted and pose a risk to power lines.
- April through June 2019
- 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project.
Important traffic and safety tips
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety as we trim trees and install new equipment. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary one-lane and full-street closures that may be needed. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow any detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
Later this year, we will be upgrading power lines in this area. These improvements will:
- Replace aging equipment.
- Reduce the risk of outages for the area by improving service redundancy and reliability.
- Keep pace with growth in our region and help improve overall system operations for all of our customers.
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.