Supporting our residential customers during the coronavirus pandemic
Helping our customers
As you and your family manage the impacts of this pandemic, we want you to know we’re here to help.
To help customers through this difficult time, we’re:
- Offering payment options to help you manage your bill
- Connecting those who qualify to bill payment assistance
- Committing $250,000 in energy assistance to directly help customers
Our customer service team is ready and available to help you with your bill. Here are a few ways to get started:
- Request more time to pay: You can request a payment extension 24/7 by logging in to your account or calling our automated phone system at the numbers below.
- Change your due date: If you need to change the day your bill is due each month, you can do that online or by calling us. Please note that it will take a full billing cycle for any change to take effect.
- Call us for a payment plan: We will work with you to set up payment plan that works for you. This works like an interest-free loan and will help you with your bill balance. Contact us at 503-228-6322 or 800-542-8818 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Request energy assistance: If your financial situation has been severely impacted, you may qualify for energy help through a service agency or from PGE’s COVID-19 fund.
- Energy assistance funding: Oregon’s Low Income Energy Assistance Program assists eligible low-income households with energy costs. To see if you are eligible and start the application process, visit the energy assistance page.
- PGE’s COVID-19 fund: In addition to agency dollars, PGE is committing $250,000 in energy assistance to directly help our customers impacted by COVID-19. If you do not qualify for LIHEAP funds, call us to see if you qualify for this fund.
Help saving energyAs we all do our part to stay home and stay safe, it’s natural to start worrying about how all that time at home will impact your energy bill. Here are a few tools to manage your energy bill and use.
- Get bill alerts: Knowing your bill is creeping up can let you know when to take the extra steps to save energy. Sign up online or on the PGE app for weekly bill estimates or alerts that your bill may exceed an amount you’ve set.
- Track how much you’re using: Our free, online Energy Tracker tool shows you when and how you’re using energy, and how to save. To start, simply sign in to your account.
- Try these savings tips: There are many ways to keep a lid on your energy use while we’re all working, playing, learning and staying safe at home.
Ways to pay your bill
- If you prefer to pay in person, you can pay for free using Western Union or CheckFreePay at stores like Fred Meyer, Rite Aid, Safeway, Walmart and Walgreens while you are doing your shopping. Please stay safe and use physical distancing in stores.
- We are temporarily removing no-check and cash-only restrictions for customers, allowing everyone to safely pay using their checking account electronically or with a physical check in the mail.
- Our self-service payment options are available during this time: