PGE’s Sustainability Report features People, Planet and Performance
Working with stakeholders to help make Oregon a better, more sustainable place
November 24, 2014
PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland General Electric released its first annual 2013 Sustainability Report, underscoring its shared commitment with stakeholders to help make Oregon a better place today and into the future.
The report showcases accomplishments and where the company is working to improve across six pillars of sustainability as it aspires to be the region's trusted energy partner:
- Customer value: Keeping customers at the center of everything
- Environmental footprint: Protecting natural resources
- Quality workforce: Powering a safe, valued and engaged workforce
- Strong communities: Investing where employees and customers work and live
- Financial performance: Taking a long-term view
- Governance and enterprise risk management: Maintaining ethical, rigorous stewardship of the company
“For 125 years we’ve helped power a brighter Oregon by providing safe, reliable electric service in a sustainable manner,” said Dave Robertson, PGE vice president of Public Policy. “As we look forward to the next 125 years, we are committed to working in partnership with our stakeholders to consider the impact of our long-term business decisions on people, the planet and our performance.” Read the full report or check out the highlights of the report.
# # #
About Portland General Electric Company
Portland General Electric, headquartered in Portland, Ore., is a fully integrated electric utility that serves approximately 863,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Oregon. Visit our website at PortlandGeneral.com.
Fore more information contact: Melanie Moir, PGE, 503-464-8790