Report an outage: 3 ways
- Report with the PGE app
- Report online
- Report by phone:
- 503-464-7777 (Portland)
- 503-399-7717 (Salem)
- 800-544-1795 elsewhere
When you report an outage you can also request an update.
Download the PGE app
It’s the easiest way to report an outage and get updates. Plus you can also pay your bill and track your energy use. Learn more about the PGE app.
Minimize business disruptions
Walk through an outage response plan with key employees.
- Ensure everyone knows where to find your outage kit that includes the following items:
- Flashlights and battery powered or hand-crank radio
- Extra batteries
- Car chargers for cell phones and laptop or tablet computers
- Battery powered clock
- Emergency phone numbers including PGE outage numbers
- Plan a manual backup for work done on computers and cash registers.
- Ensure electronic door locks can be bypassed manually.
- If you have an emergency lighting system, make sure it’s in good working order.
Make sure you and employees have an outage plan for all critical equipment.
- Identify equipment power switches.
- Locate your electrical supply panels and know how to shut off power.
- Protect computers and other equipment from power surges with good quality surge protection.
- Prevent data loss with automatic backup programs and battery backup systems.