Report an outage
- By phone:
- 503-464-7777 (Portland)
- 503-399-7717 (Salem)
- 800-544-1795 elsewhere
Minimize business disruptions
Walk through an outage response plan with key employees.
- Ensure everyone knows where to find your outage kit that includes the following items:
- Flashlights and battery powered or hand-crank radio
- Extra batteries
- Car chargers for cell phones and laptop or tablet computers
- Battery powered clock
- Emergency phone numbers including PGE outage numbers
- Plan a manual backup for work done on computers and cash registers.
- Ensure electronic door locks can be bypassed manually.
- If you have an emergency lighting system, make sure it’s in good working order.
Make sure you and employees have an outage plan for all critical equipment.
- Identify equipment power switches.
- Locate your electrical supply panels and know how to shut off power.
- Protect computers and other equipment from power surges with good quality surge protection.
- Prevent data loss with automatic backup programs and battery backup systems.