Light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, are the champions of energy saving lighting:
- Use up to 85 percent less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs
- More efficient than CFLs, too*
- Can last 25 years or more – less time on the ladder for you*
- Most are dimmable
- Available in warm and cool
- Good for directional lighting like recessed can lights and track lights
- No mercury
- No infrared heat or ultraviolet light
- Cool to the touch
- Very good color rendering
- Rugged and durable
There are a few situations in which CFLs may still be your most cost-effective choice for savings — particularly where lights aren’t used a lot.
But for most applications, LEDs will provide you the most energy savings and longest life.