Peak Time Rebates rewards you for shifting and reducing your energy use when energy demand and prices are at their highest and renewable resources are less available.
- By reducing your energy use during these peak times, you can earn rebates on your bill
- Shifting energy use allows us to rely on more renewable sources of energy at peak times
- This helps keep prices more affordable for the community and allows us to continue to provide reliable energy
To join Peak Time Rebates you can enroll online or call 503-228-6322 or 800-542-8818 on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What to expect
The day before a Peak Time Event, we’ll invite you to reduce your energy use during a 3- to 4-hour period so you can save money on your bill.
- Get notified. After you enroll, you will receive a text and/or email notification the day before a Peak Time Event. We’ll let you know what time the event is occurring, provide energy-saving tips, and invite you to reduce energy during the 3- to 4-hour event so you can save money on your bill.
- Shift use. During an event, you can reduce your energy use with simple changes like waiting to wash dishes and laundry.
- Earn rebates. If you reduced your energy use during the Peak Time Event, you can get rewarded with a rebate on your next bill.
How much can I save?
Based on results from PGE’s pilot program, participating customers saved an average of $2 to $3 per Peak Time Event.* Events are triggered by weather conditions or power prices. PGE anticipates that there could be 6 to 10 events per season.
* Your actual savings will vary, so there is no guarantee of savings.
How rebates are calculated
Your energy use “baseline” is calculated from your average use over the past 10 days for the same hours of the day as the Peak Time Event. This excludes weekends, holidays and any other past Peak Time Event days. You can earn $1 for every kilowatt hour (kWh) you reduce below that baseline during the Peak Time Event.
Regardless of how much you save, when everyone works together to shift their energy consumption, it helps to lower overall costs for the community. Your participation is completely voluntary and there’s no cost to be a part of Peak Time Rebates.
Enroll online or call 503-228-6322 or 800-542-8818 on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Customers should exercise discretion and consider health impacts when reducing electricity usage.