A heat pump offers many advantages:
- Comfort. Heat pumps deliver constant, even temperatures without blasts of hot or cold air. They also balance humidity. Modern heat pumps can be sized to deliver air at 120 degrees F or more — sometimes higher than new gas furnaces.
- Save up to 50 percent.* With a heat pump you could use up to 50 percent less electricity to heat your home.
- Summer cooling. A heat pump cools your home when it’s hot outside, and is more efficient than typical air conditioning.
- Easier on the environment. Choosing a high-efficiency heat pump reduces reliance on fossil fuels and lowers carbon dioxide emissions.
- Indoor air quality. Heat pumps circulate indoor air longer than other systems do, so air is filtered more often.
- Reliable performance. Heat pumps can deliver 15 years or more of dependable service with only simple, routine maintenance.
- Quiet operation. The new generation of heat pumps is quiet both inside and out.
*Compared to a standard electric furnace replaced with a ductless heat pump system. Savings on a ducted system is up to 40 percent. Individual circumstances will vary. Ask the PGE Energy Experts, or your dealer, for more information.