Sharing Customer Information with Energy Trust
PGE customers are eligible for services and cash incentives from Energy Trust of Oregon, an independent non-profit organization overseen by the Oregon Public Utility Commission. Energy Trust helps customers save energy and money by providing information, assistance and cash incentives for energy efficient upgrades and renewable energy systems. These services are funded by a “public purpose” charge on your utility bill.
In support of this mission, The OPUC has directed PGE to share customer information with Energy Trust.* Energy Trust will hold this information in strict confidence and only use this information to design, evaluate and improve service to customers.
What’s shared with Energy Trust
If available, the information we will share includes:
- Customer name
- Service address (including apartment/unit/suite number)
- Mailing address
- In-service or activation date
- Building type (for example, multifamily)
- Business type (identified using a Standard Industrial Classification (SIC code) or U.S. Census Bureau NAICS code)
- Initially, 18 months of the most recent historical usage data on a per-billing month basis (total billed kilowatt hours and kW)
- Meter number and other point-of-delivery identification numbers
- Rate schedule identifier for each customer account
- Whether the customer is applying self-direct credits against its energy efficiency and renewable public purpose charge during each billing period
- Information about any energy efficiency program participation and type of space heat used by the customer
- Updates for all of the usage data and revisions to the underlying database information on a periodic basis under subsection (6)(d) of this rule.
- For unmetered accounts (for example, street lights, cellular towers, telephone booths, and electric utility service buildings), electric companies must transfer contracted kilowatt-hour consumption rather than actual billed consumption.
What’s not shared with Energy Trust
PGE will not share the following customer information:
- Social security numbers
- Billing and payment history
- Credit information
- Tax identification numbers
- Driver license numbers
- Life support information
- Any medical information
- Proprietary customer information protected by the password provision required under OAR 860-021-0009(6)
Do not contact list
If you do not wish to be contacted by Energy Trust for marketing purposes, you can submit a “Do not contact” request to Energy Trust.
Questions and comments
If you have questions or comments, please submit them to PGE at PortlandGeneral.com/DataFeedback.